#1 31 Dec 08 :: 02:53

TheCentralScrutinizer
La Dorquetta de Prima
Website

Benjamin Button

I can't stop thinking about this movie.  And that hasn't happened in a really long time.  So much of it is just so beautiful --- emotionally and visually.  I hope that all of you eventually get to see it.  And I want to hear what you think when you do.

Deb,
Your Fairy Chrismother.  Keeper of Keith's leather wristband.  Keeper of Pocket Anomalies.  WWAJD?
REPORT BROKEN LINKS info@chris-marquette.com  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … ef=profile 
Wanna talk to President Obama?  http://www.whitehouse.gov/CONTACT/  Close Gitmo/Open Cuba.
Clueless.jpg

#2 31 Dec 08 :: 06:35

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Re: Benjamin Button

I'm going to see Benjamin Button in theaters someday soon. It looks really good.  ; D

#3 31 Dec 08 :: 10:17

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

Gets released here on Jan 29, 2009. And it's most definitely on my to-see list. I'll let you know what I thought afterwards.

I watched Australia last night. Kind of a strange movie. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It was like it was trying to be everything all at once: Slapstick comedy, deep drama, stunning action and some interweaved ethnic history lesson. A very eclectic mixture. The acting was fabulous, especially the little boy who played Nullah. And I'm ashamed that, as a big Lord of the Rings fan, I only recognized David Wenham when the end credits played. Shame on me!

(Sorry for abducting your Benjamin Button thread, Deb. To connect this, they played a Benjamin Button trailer in front of Australia last night.)

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#4 31 Dec 08 :: 13:58

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Well, both movies are on my Must-See list, but I'm probably going to wait for the DVD of Australia. It gets too expensive if I watch all the movies I wanna see in English on big screen. sad

I hugged the Seeker!

#5 01 Jan 09 :: 06:11

b11001001

Ever since I saw the trailer for it in theaters I've been dying to see it,  it just looked different and soo good...Hopefully I will be able to see it soon.  Glad to hear good things about it.

#6 01 Jan 09 :: 09:13

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

I'm going to see the movie Sunday. I can't wait!!

#7 05 Jan 09 :: 05:23

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

This movie is amazing! It didn't even seem that long to me. I liked it much more than I thought I would. I loved it and everyone should see it!

#8 07 Jan 09 :: 03:20

irina

everybody who saw it said to me it's lovely. but i would really want ot see it in cinemas rather then .... from the net. so i hope it comes in romania soon.
i plan to see australia this weekend. i am also curious about this one.

#9 12 Jan 09 :: 03:29

b11001001

Just saw it today, and it was such a beautiful movie.  It breaks my heart yet keeps me hopeful which I needed.  One of the best I've seen in a while.  It makes me think of life and death in a different way.

#10 30 Jan 09 :: 10:51

TeeJay
Admin Dorquette™

I loved Benjamin Button too. Very moving, and I also loved the visuals. I thought the aging (or "younging") was done very well. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

-TeeJay

"Sometimes I think the human species is programmed to look at the bright side of every disaster."
-- David Sandström, ReGenesis

#11 30 Jan 09 :: 11:04

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I'm going to see this movie soon. There was some kind of Behind The Scenes Thingy on TV a few days ago and I happened to watch it, it was really interesting. They explained how they did the aging and younging stuff, that was pretty cool.

I hugged the Seeker!

#12 11 Mar 09 :: 01:10

irina

i forgot it was a thread. and i even had a post here :embarrassed:

i was to see this movie with my husband. i did not think he will like it, you know being all macho and all. but as i was crying my eyes out when we left the cinema i asked him if he liked it and he had tears in his eyes too.
it's just a movie that touches you and i don't even know why. it a movie that doesn't make me think about it's characters after i left the cinema, they were secondary to me, but it still makes me think about the way it made me feel. and it made me feel good even if i cried.

Last edited by irina (11 Mar 09 :: 01:13)

#13 11 Mar 09 :: 19:43

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

I totally forgot about this thread too! LOL I've seen the movie a while ago and I loved it. It's a great movie.

I hugged the Seeker!

#14 19 Mar 09 :: 23:17

Illinoisguy1
Banned

benjaminbuttoncriterionr1ar.jpg

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced 1-disc DVD ($29.99), 2-disc DVD ($39.99) and 2-disc Blu-ray ($39.99) releases of  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for the 5th May. As far as we know, no extra material will be included on the 1-disc DVD.

The 2-disc DVD and Blu-ray releases will include commentary by director David Fincher, and a 4-part The Curious Birth of Benjamin Button documentary which covers the casting of Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, the decision to change the location of the story to New Orleans, costumes, visual effects, and more.

#15 20 Mar 09 :: 19:50

domesticelefant
Dorquette vom Dienst
Website

Looks really cool!

I hugged the Seeker!

#16 20 Mar 09 :: 21:41

BiggestChrisMarquetteFan
Supreme Dorquette
Website

Cool DVD cover! I'm definitely going to be buying the 2 disc version.

Board footer